This recipe suggestion uses our Meat Free Lincolnshire Sausage Mix
You will need…
- Granose Meat Free Lincolnshire Sausage Mix
- 350g Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 75ml hot milk or soya milk
- 2tsp flour
- 1/2pt Vegetable Stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the meat free Lincolnshire sausage mix as directed on the pack and keep warm.
- Put the potatoes into a large pan of water and bring to the boil, simmer until cooked.
- Heat the 1tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and fry the shredded cabbage, cooking until softened.
- Meanwhile prepare the onion gravy.
- Fry the sliced onions in the remaining oil until cooked through, then stir in the flour. Stir for 1 minute until the flour is cooked through. Pour in the vegetable stock and stir well. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- To make the colcannon, drain the potatoes then add the hot milk. Mash until creamy then stir in the cooked cabbage. Season to taste.
Serve the sausage and mash together and pour over the onion gravy.